Friday, July 24, 2015

Sometimes it's not about you

This past weekend I completed the Chicago Rock 'n' Roll half marathon. That's totally not the cool part. The cool part is that I did it with my girlfriend who has only been running a year. I've done 4 previous half marathons, and I had a pretty decent cheering section at every one. 
This time, my husband was there with me, which is always awesome, and even he was helping to cheer on my friend.
Every person that has congratulated me on the race almost surprises me. Part of me feels like I didn't even run the race. 

Because it wasn't about me.

It was an absolutely amazing experience to be able to fully support someone in achieving a huge massive goal. Especially when she doubted, especially when she was afraid, especially when she was willing to accept less from herself.

And, don't you know, this felt like a much bigger accomplishment than my own first half marathon. 
























Who can YOU support this week? 

No comments :

Post a Comment